This is week two of unit 4 and we are studying forces, friction, and different scientific terms that have to do with Newtons Laws. In this picture I am trying to push a chair across the room so I have room to sit. I had to sit up and change my angle of push because the chair wasn't moving at first. This is because inertia, objects at rest want to stay at rest unless acted upon by some unbalanced outside force. When I attempted to push the chair, friction due to gravity caused the chair to resist my force and bite the ground. Gravity is constant and it holds the chair on the x-axis. In order for me to push the chair I had to push level to the ground and slightly harder. This is an example of how something in the real world can be related to physics. I never really thought of it this way but Newtons laws are pretty accurate.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
This is week two of unit 4 and we are studying forces, friction, and different scientific terms that have to do with Newtons Laws. In this picture I am trying to push a chair across the room so I have room to sit. I had to sit up and change my angle of push because the chair wasn't moving at first. This is because inertia, objects at rest want to stay at rest unless acted upon by some unbalanced outside force. When I attempted to push the chair, friction due to gravity caused the chair to resist my force and bite the ground. Gravity is constant and it holds the chair on the x-axis. In order for me to push the chair I had to push level to the ground and slightly harder. This is an example of how something in the real world can be related to physics. I never really thought of it this way but Newtons laws are pretty accurate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment