Monday, October 24, 2011


This week we started a new unit on Newtons Laws of physics. In class we learned various terms such as inertia, newtons, net force, and also new equations that we need to solve problems. In the picture about I am pushing down on a little box. I am applying force on to the box pushing it down on the table, but it is not moving down nor is box or table about to break. The more force I put on the box the more force it pushes towards me. This is a balanced force, the table supports the box. Whenever I put more force on or take away the table returns the equal amount of force. The result, the box still hasn't moved, but if I keep applying force to the box to the point where the box its self cannot return, the box will break and that becomes an unbalanced force. Obviously in this situation the box will break before I apply enough pressure for the table to break, because the table can return more force than I can push, but if I use other methods to try and break the table, at the breaking point, it also becomes an unbalanced force. This type of balanced force happens a lot and we dont realize it, when we rest on things, lean on things, sit on chairs, and just applying pressure to anything, there is always a counter force that balances things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment